Beginning Free Motion Quilting Supply Kit for HOUSTON 2021 ONLY
Traveling can be hectic! Preparing for all your classes ahead of time can be frustrating!
This supply kit will have everything you need for class waiting for you in the classroom...how nice is that!?
Please order before Oct. 10 (or contact me)
This is not the kit included with your class, this is the supplies you should bring to class.
Items available for purchase in class:
notebook & pencil
extra basted FT QTR sandwiches
Supply Kit Includes:
2 - FT QTR sandwiches basted
1 - FT QTR sandwich with prep for class completed
Thread snips (these are the best little travel snips! You'll LOVE them!)
*4-6 Fat quarter sandwiches – Light color fabric on top, batting, and back. Basted by pins, 505 spray, or hand stitching. Leave 1 sandwich without a top
*Thread-2 different colored spools – Each spool needs to be a contrast from the other. This is so we can get you tensions right during class
*Drawing Paper and Pencil! – School lined paper is fine
Willingness to make mistakes!
Smile and good attitude!!!
Ready to have some fun!!!
Preparation Before Class
Prep before class
Needed: Solid color Fat Quarter (probably white, so your thread will show up) Marking tool (choose 1 method to mark. Fixion pen, water soluble blue marker, etc...) 24” Ruler
Directions: Please do this on ONE fat quarter
1. Stand your Fat Quarter TALL (21” tall, 18” wide).
2. Measure to find the middle of the 18” width, should be 9”, make a mark so you can do #3.
3. Draw a line down the middle of the 21” tall Fat Quarter.
4. Measure to be sure you have a 21” tall fat quarter. If so, draw a line across the 18” width every 3.5”. If your fat quarter is only 20” tall, draw a line
across every 3 3/8th ”.
5. You should have 12 rectangles, 6 on each side of a center line.
6. Now, on one of the lower 4 sections, just choose 1, make 1” square grid. This will not come out even because your rectangle is not an even measurement. Just make a grid using 1” measurement and let it come out as it does.
7. Sandwich this up with batting and a back and baste in your favorite method. Hand, Machine, or Spray basting (If spray basting only use a LITTLE spray, and I recommend 505 spray.)
8. Baste together FQ in your kit and 2 or 3 others for practice in class.
9. Congratulations! You’re ready to start class!
10. Your Fat Quarter should have similiar sections as the photo of the class sample below.
LET’S HAVE FUN!!!
Thank you for taking the time to prepare for class! You have a fun day ahead of you with a class FULL of information! I look forward to getting to know you!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!
www.ninaquilts.com Nina Clotfelter email@example.com